Potato and Black Bean Finger Burgers
This is a simple and delicious recipe for my mum’s Potato and Bean Finger Burgers. These were always my favourite when I were young and both my daughters love them as much as I did. This is actually a modification of my mum’s traditional bean burger recipe, but shaping the mixture into any shape you like, in this case, sausage shapes! This is a finger food recipe you can use to when baby led weaning.
A good source of
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin B6
- 1 x Can of Black Beans
- 2 x medium potatoes (preferably Maris Piper)
- 2 x Carrots
- 1 x Onion
- 1 x Tin of Sweetcorn
- 1 x Teaspoon Dried Thyme
You will need
- 1 x Potato masher
- 1 x Saucepan
- 1 x Large Bowl
- 1 x Chopping Board
- 1 x Plate
Preheat you oven to 190 Degrees Celsius.
1. Peel and cut your Potatoes into small chunks and place in the saucepan, along with boiling water from the kettle. Boil gently for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, drain your black peas and empty the beans into your bowl. mash the beans thoroughly with a potato masher.
3. Grate the Carrot and the Onion with a cheese grater into the bowl.
4. Drain your tinned sweetcorn and place this in the bowl too.
5. When the potatoes are starting to break up, take the off the heat and drain with a colander. Put the potatoes back into the saucepan and mash thoroughly. Once mashed, combine with your dry ingredients and mix.
6. Take a small handful of the mixture and gently form into a sausage shape with your fingers. Place this on a baking tray. Continue to do this with all the mixture. At this point you could choose to brush your Finger Burgers with olive oil.
7. Place your Burger Fingers into the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Cool thoroughly before giving to your baby! These are freezable once cooled.